New deadline: February 3rd, 2019
Who should apply as a speaker for PGDay.IT 2019?
- PostgreSQL users
- Companies that rely on PostgreSQL
- PostgreSQL hackers or PostgreSQL Tool Developers
- Anyone who wants to share important facts or issues about PostgreSQL
If you belong to one of those groups, you are invited to submit a talk proposal (or proposals). The designated technical committee will evaluate the proposals and select the talk for the event. It could be yours!
Topics and Arguments - What do we expect?
To get an idea about the topics covered during the PostgreSQL Day, we suggest to give a look at the last two editions of PGDay.IT:  (https://2018.pgday.it/en/) and  (https : //2017.pgday.it/en/). These editions have received excellent feedback from the attendees.
These are the topics:
- disaster recovery;
- replication and high availability;
- query optimisation;
- server tuning;
- GIS, PostGIS and location-based services;
- business cases;
- big data;
- data protection regulation;
- new PostgreSQL features;
- migrations from Oracle;
- development with PostgreSQL;
Our team has also identified a series of interesting topics, but if you have a suggestion not present in the list below, go ahead and share it with us.
- Migration from other databases
- Programming Languages
- Continuous Integration
- Integration with other software
- Hardware and Benchmarking
- Linux Containers
- Operating Systems
- Monitoring Systems
- Virtualization Tools
- Configuration Managers
Not just code
- Case Studies
- Open Source business model
- Researching and teaching with PostgreSQL
Please submit your proposal by the appropriate form.
Deadline: January 15th, 2019 - New deadline: February 3rd, 2019
Important: There is no guarantee that your proposal will be included in the event schedule.
The Technical Committee will select the most interesting proposals received and will inform the candidates no later than January 25th, 2019 - New deadline: February 12th, 2019
Questions? Please send an email with your questions or comments to [email protected]